Thursday, February 02, 2006

Stating the obvious

This evening, a random law student, commenting on a discussion she had with two other people, said, "I was literally like, if I had to choose who was the bigger dork in that conversation, I wouldn't have been able to."

She didn't need to be emphatic about this. One could say this about almost any overheard conversation between law students. Some recent snippets from my personal sonic environment:

"Well, [chuckle] I'm going to adopt the Holmesian position and argue that..."

"They're asymmetrical power systems."

"Let's go get fucked up in the Mission District next weekend."

"But [dismissive chuckling] my civ pro professor was a critical race theorist, so, you know."

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Trigilio said...

The other night on "The Office" Steve Carrell said the following:

"Okay! I'm going to up the ante. . . LITERALLY!!"

He paused and looked around. It was wonderful and I wish I could get a clip to send you for your blog.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home