Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Literally flapping his gums

First of all, Shimmy deserves a full-on post-embedded link today. What a special, special cat.

Secondly, I spoke to my father last night. He'd had gum surgery the day before. They grafted new gums onto the roof of his mouth to cover the exposed roots of some of his teeth. From what I gather, the dentist screwed up the suturing, and by the time my dad got home, he was bleeding profusely -- I mean really a lot. Eventually he went back in and got it fixed, with some excuses and half-apologies from the dentist thrown in as an unsatisfactory bonus. By the time I spoke to him yesterday, he sounded normal.

Those of you who have met my father will understand why, when I told Michael that my dad had been hemorrhaging from the mouth, I was compelled to qualify it by adding "literally."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home