Thursday, October 27, 2005

From John Fund's column on Monday: "Given Mr. Bush's idée fixe that the nominee had to be a woman, it's possible the White House allowed itself to be pushed into a corner in which Ms. Miers was literally the only female left."

Apparently there are only 6 women in the nation potentially qualified for O'Connor's seat.

More humorously, SMU's president responds to slams against the law school for its non-ivy league ranking:

"I literally thought when it was announced there would be a huge fuss that she was not an Ivy League graduate."

Apparently the act of thinking is so rare where Harriet Miers went to school that one must insert a qualifier in the phrase "I thought," lest the hearer think it's an exaggeration.

Personally, absent all the other issues, I think it would be nice to have more Supreme Court justices who aren't in the ivy league clique.

I was going to go as Miers for Halloween, but I ran out of eyeliner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home