Monday, October 10, 2005

Barry Bonds




Remember that dispute over who caught Barry Bonds' record homerun baseball a few years ago? An interesting California Superior Court decision resulted (linked above). See footnote 23 of this decision on page 7. This startled me in the Boalt Hall library the other day. It appears among an inordinate amount of lengthy, boring footnotes. Misuse of the word? I think so. I personally was unaware of this man's intentions on the date in question until I read this decision.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the footnote. For the purposes of a courtroom proceeding, how else could Mr. Popov "communicate his intent to the world" but literally?

Possession is a process
which culminates in an
event. The event is

the moment in time
that possession is achieved.
The process includes acts

and thoughts of the
would-be-possessor which
lead up to the

moment of possession.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home