Thursday, November 10, 2005

Talked to my mother today, and got the usual health update on all the aging relatives. My great aunt, let's call her "Pat," has various ailments and believes she is dying. She isn't really. She argues with her doctors and refuses to take her medicine. She has long been the butt of many family jokes based on her various idiosyncrasies. Recently she told my uncle/her nephew that she was looking forward to seeing his mother (her sister, my grandmother) in heaven. He told her that knowing his mother, she'd already told Jesus about Aunt Pat and that consequently he probably wouldn't be letting her into heaven.

So Aunt Pat's husband, "Carl," is having surgery next week to have a pacemaker put in. My mom told me she'd let me know how that went, then decided to make fun of her aunt, saying she'd let me know "whether Aunt Pat makes it through Uncle Carl's surgery -- literally."

Isn't the death of loved ones funny?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i just lost both my mom and grandma last year. i was their care giver. it was hard to do. no one would help me. In the end my younger sister got most of everything they had. I was promised stuff for helping them but it never happend.
when people are dying it is really really hard..

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home